It was announced last month that Teen Mom OG dad Ryan Edwards and his pregnant wife Mackenzie Edwards would not be filmed for the upcoming season after Maci McKinney reportedly demanded that MTV not continue to document Ryan’s struggles with drug addiction because of the impact it might have on their son Bentley. Being out of work with a baby on the way is not a position anyone wants to be in, and it appears as though Mackenzie is moving on to a new career — as a wedding planner!
Mackenzie’s new career path was announced on her website this week, which now features the heading “MACKENZIE EDWARDS WEDDING AND EVENTS” along with a notice that she is currently booking for fall of 2018.
“My name is Mackenzie, and I love all things wedding and events,” Mackenzie says in her “Meet Me” section on the site. “My personal mission is to see your dreams come to fruition.”
Mackenzie continues with her pitch:
Sometimes it can be hard to take all of the thoughts, dreams, and visions in your head and turn them into a reality. That is where I step in. From start to finish, whatever your needs may be, I will be here to help and guide you every step of the way. The stress of planning your own wedding can take a toll on ones self and really take away from the whole experience. With my help, we can partner together to create you the wedding of your dreams and alleviate the stress factor therefore creating a priceless and winning combo.
When I am not compulsively planning, you can find me hanging out with my family at our fave hot spot – the lake. I have a family FULL of boys (including the dog) so being able to express my femme, creative side is such a breath of fresh air.
UPDATE – A day after our post, Mackenzie officially shared the news on her recently reclaimed Instagram account. “Soooo excited to announce my newest venture-wedding and event planning!” she wrote, along with a screen cap of her website. “So thankful for all of the support from my friends and family to make this dream a reality!” The responses in teh comments section were a bit of a mixed bag, to put it nicely.
At launch, Mackenzie offers four different packages, each with a dessert theme, and ranging in prices from $150 for “The Chocolate Chip” to $1,500 for “The Neopolitan.”
If you’re curious what you will receive for your $1,500, Mackenzie provides a list:
• 2 in person 1 hour consults (minimum 2-maximum 4)
• Unlimited contact via email/text & scheduled phone meetings
• Professional input regarding details
• Detailed itinerary, check list, and contact list
• Full day event and rehearsal coordination
• Site visit/walk through
• Vendor/Venue coordination on event day
• Distribution of final payments
• Access to my “little black book” of vendors and discounts
• Conflict resolution expertise to make your day run as smooth as possible
• Budget prep, allocation, and management
• Unlimited contact via email/text/phone
• Personalized wedding guide with dates, deadlines, visions
• Detailed schedule for the entire process – start to finish
• Concept development [Food, décor, attire, hair/makeup,etc]
• Assistant coordinator for the day of your event
• Vendor recommendation
• Accompaniment to vendor meetings
• Rehearsal attendance
• Décor/Vision check off on your event day
• P E A C E OF M I N D
For details on all the rest of the packages, as well as contact info for how you can book your wedding with Mackenzie now, just visit www.mackenzieedwards.org!
So what do you guys think of Mackenzie’s new career choice? Would you consider hiring her as your wedding planner?