Despite the fact that Kanye West took great measures to keep his new album from being released early, the internet wound up winning and Yeezus has has leaked!
Like Watch The Throne, his collaboration with Jay-Z that didn’t leak early, Kanye recorded Yeezus in hotel rooms and other random locations instead of regular studios to keep the tracks from getting in the wrong hands.
Although Kanye revealed a few songs on SNL, the marketing campaign for Yeezus was more about him giving grandiose interviews to the New York Times than actually revealing anything about the album. At the Governor’s Ball he ranted “With this album we ain’t drop no single to radio. We ain’t got no NBA campaign, nothing like that.”
Here’s the reported track listing for Yeezus with guest artists and producers:
1. On Sight (Produced by Daft Punk) [Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
2. Black Skinhead (Produced by Daft Punk) [CyHi The Prynce, Lupe Fiasco, Malik Yusef]
3. I Am A God (Ft. God) (Produced by Daft Punk) [Hudson Mohawke, Justin Vernon, Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
4. New Slaves (Ft. Frank Ocean) (Malik Yusef, Rhymefest)
5. Hold My Liquor (Ft. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon) [Alejandro Ghersi, Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
6. I’m In It (Ft. Travis Scott) [Justin Vernon, Malik Yusef]
7. Blood On The Leaves [Hudson Mohawke, Tony Williams]
8. Guilt Trip (Ft. Kid Cudi) (Produced by S1)
9. Send It Up (Ft. King L) [Alejandro Ghersi, Daft Punk, Gesaffelstein]
10. Bound 2 (Ft. Charlie Wilson) [John Legend]
“Blood on the Leaves” is probably about Kris Humphries. Okmagazine.com transcribed part of the lyrics:
“I’m on my second string bitches
Trying to get a baby. Trying to get a baby. Now you talking crazy.
I don’t give a damn if you used to talk to Jay Z
He aint with you he with Beyonce, you need to stop acting lazy.
He just wanna see that ass in reverse
$2,000 dollar bag with no cash in your purse
Now you’re sitting courtside wifey on the other side
Gotta keep ’em separated I call them apartheid.
Then she said she pregnant and that’s the night your heart died.
All that alimony. Yeah she got ya homie.
Till death do ya part. Unholy matrimony.”