They transplanted a WHITE BIGOT’S HEAD onto a SOUL BROTHER’S BODY!
The doctor blew it – the most fantastic medical experiment of the age. And now, with the fights, the Fuzz, the chicks and the choppers…Man, they’re really in deeeeep trouble!
That was straight from the movie poster. I don’t know what else to say. This is bad high-concept genius on the level of Sharks in Venice with the added bonus of exploitation! (Though it could be argued that both the city of Venice and sharks were exploited in the former.) Here’s the trailer and a collection of posters and promotional art:
1. Jerry Butler – A Prayer
2. Billy Butler & Infinity – Dip, Dip I Got My Hands Full
3. Incredible Bongo Band – Bongolia
4. Ollie Nightingale – Here I Am Again
5. The Sylvers – Fool’s Paradise
6. Ollie Nightingale – May The Best Man Win
7. The Sylvers – I’m Truly Happy
8. The Incredible Bongo Band – Bongo Rock
9. Sammy Davis, Jr. – Take My Hand
10. The Mike Curb Congregation – Oh Happy Day
Here are a series of posters where they used the same color artwork on the left and bottom and inserted a scene from the movie in the upper right:
And here are a couple screen captures with the title:
I was thinking this might be the low point in Rosey Grier’s career – which was pretty low to begin with – until I ran across this book:
Looking at some of those high prices on amazon, Rosey Grier’s Needlepoint for Men must be really really good or really really bad. I know where my money’s at!