VH1 has announced that the Southern-fried version of their most popular reality show franchise will be returning April 20 with the Love & Hip Hop Atlanta Season 4 premiere. The network also announced that the show would be followed by the series premiere of Love and Hip Hop Atlanta: The Afterparty LIVE! with host Darian “Big Tigger” Morgan.
Here is the most recent preview trailer clip in which the narrator states, “In a city filled with secrets, all will be revealed.”
And here’s the official press release from VH1 with all the details, including a couple more previously released preview clips:
VH1’S SMASH HIT “LOVE & HIP HOP: ATLANTA” RETURNS FOR AN ALL-NEW SEASON OF HUSTLE & HEARTBREAK MONDAY, APRIL 20 AT 8PM ET/ PT
Series Premiere of “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta: The Afterparty LIVE!” with Host Darian “Big Tigger” Morgan Follows at 9PM ET/PT
NEW YORK, NY (APRIL 9, 2015) – VH1’s smash hit series “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” returns for another sensational season on Monday, April 20th at 8:00 PM ET/PT immediately followed by the series premiere of “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta: The Afterparty LIVE!” at 9:00 PM ET/PT, which will dish about all of the OMG moments with cast members LIVE.
The city’s hip hop elite are about to have their lives changed in ways they never imagined – for better or for worse! In the music mecca of the South, artists rise and fall, families grow and are torn apart, and what goes around – definitely comes around. These players continue to be on the cutting edge of the good, bad and naughty side of love. Returning fan favorites will be joined by some new faces when “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” returns to VH1 Monday, April 20th at 8:00 PM ET/ PT.
This season, after the credits roll, the real party begins! Social media engagement and interaction during previous seasons of “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” has been record setting, and often as entertaining as watching the show itself. “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta: The Afterparty LIVE!” is a 30-minute interactive after show that will give fans a chance to ask and get answers to all of the burning questions they have from that night’s episode LIVE! Hosted by Darian “Big Tigger” Morgan, fans engaged on social media will get to interact with cast members who are also watching the episode for the first time. The show will also highlight the funniest, most outrageous memes, Instagram posts, Tweets and Vines about the night’s episode as quickly as they appear online. Everyone’s invited to this party to get all of the “Love & Hip Hop” scoop you didn’t get to see! “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta: The Afterparty LIVE!” premieres Monday, April 20 at 9PM ET/PT on VH1.
Are you ready for the new season? Here’s what’s been going down:
• After enduring a rocky year in her personal and professional life, Joseline Hernandez is making time for herself and focusing on self-reflection. However, the challenges are far from over as she is faced with having to support Stevie J while he works to rebuild his music career and leave life in the fast lane behind to avoid jail time.
• After her tumultuous breakup with Nikko, Mimi Faust is ready to redeem her career and her personal life. Her company MF Management recently gained two new rap artists Jessica “Dimepiece” and Tiffany Foxx. As Mimi tries to represent both women, she will get caught in a fierce rivalry between these two tough and opinionated artists determined to stay at the top.
• Since his separation with Mimi, Nikko has reunited with his secret wife Margeaux. However, she is struggling to forgive her estranged husband for his relationship with Mimi Faust. Nikko, on the other hand, is finding it hard to stay away from Mimi.
• Karlie Redd is a triple threat- actress/ business woman/ and recording artist- and is feeling on top of the world right now. She is all about her business, proudly “married to her checks” and over her relationship with Yung Joc.
• Rasheeda & Kirk Frost’s relationship seems to be back on the right track after an emotional year but when a sexy new female artist named Ashley Nicole comes on the scene, will Kirk resort to his old “I do me” ways?
• Lil Scrappy is officially out of the dog house with his girlfriend Bambi and is focusing on proving himself as an artist. But the calm is short-lived as drama heats up between him and Erica Dixon as they battle over support for their daughter. Meanwhile, Momma Dee is wrapped up in her own love story as she reunites with her ex-husband Ernest, who has spent the last 7 years in prison.
• A very pregnant Kalenna is ready to pop out her new album and her new baby in the next few months! However, she is plagued with anxiety as she and Tony struggle with their finances. When Tony decides to invest their savings into a night club, putting her music career on the backburner, will Kalenna be forced to choose between her marriage and her career?
• Yung Joc is rebounding well after his break up with Karlie Redd. Now working on his music career, Joc has his hands full as he works to provide for his children and their mothers without losing his current girlfriend Khadiyah.
Be sure to ‘like’ “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” and “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta: The Afterparty LIVE!” on Facebook, follow @LoveHipHopVH1 on Twitter and use #LHHATL and #LHHAfterparty to join in on the conversation.
“Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” and “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta: The Afterparty LIVE!” are executive produced by Mona Scott-Young and Stephanie R. Gayle for Monami Entertainment and Toby Barraud, Stefan Springman, David DiGangi and Donna Edge-Rachell for Eastern TV. Susan Levison, Nina L. Diaz, Ken Martinez and Vivian Gomez are executive producers for VH1.