Teen Mom 2’s Megan Nelson hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning

Chelsea Houska's roommate and best friend Megan Nelson from Teen Mom 2

Chelsea Houska’s roommate and best friend from Teen Mom 2 Megan Nelson was taken to the hospital earlier today for carbon monoxide poisoning. As we reported earlier, Megan is currently pregnant so the news is especially distressing.

This is from her father Lance Nelson on her official Facebook fan page:

This is Lance Posting. Megan just spent 4 hours in the ER with Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. They detected it in her blood and she had to be hooked up to Oxygen to help reverse it. I will post more in the comments section below

The apartment that Megan and Cody live in has a carbon monoxide detector and it went off several times. Each time she would call the landlord and they would send somebody to look at it or they would tell her to unplug it or take the batteries out. I told her to call 911 next time and the apartment would have to pay and follow up. Today the same thing happened and she called the landlord and told them she was concerned and got the same response. She called 911 and the fire department came and there was Carbon Monoxide in the apartment and she couldn’t go back. Her Dr. had her go to the ER and she can’t go back to the apartment until the fire department gives her the ok. Some dumbass next door to her was starting their car in the garage and letting it run to warm up. The carbon monoxide was leaking through the walls. — Lance

Though her dad doesn’t actually say it in the post above, Megan and the baby are reportedly doing fine.

UPDATE – Here’s the latest from Megan’s Facebook page admin Danielle:

After a few hrs in the ER Megan and Baby are OKAY 🙂 but cannot go home yet until the place is cleared safe by the fire department as safe -danielle

We’ve had a lot of fun with our genuine admiration for Megan and her positive influence on Chelsea, but we’d like to take this time to offer our heartfelt sympathies to Megan and her family and we hope that she and little Huckleberry are OK. If you would like to offer up your support hop over to her Facebook page and type away! (Please, no rude comments – this is not the time for that nonsense.)

UPDATE – Once again from Megan’s Facebook page: “Just an update on Megan is back home house was checked out yesterday and was free of carbon-monoxide so they were able to go back to the apartment and Megan is doing great” Woo hoo!