90 Day Fiance: Happily Ever After couple Colt Johnson and Larissa dos Santos Lima are currently embroiled in what is sure to be one of reality television’s most bitter divorces, despite the fact that the two were married for less than seven months before Colt filed the papers on January 11.
We previously posted about Colt’s attorney filing for a gag order, which included some excerpts from the filing. Instagrammer @ms.twithda.tea has since shared Colt’s motion for a gag order nearly in its entirety, and it includes some very serious accusations against Larissa as it asks the court to demand her to stop talking about Colt and the divorce in public.
“Ms. dos Santos Lima has insisted on trying to carry on her reality television moment of fame by painting up the current case as a ‘bitter divorce’ when nothing could be further from the truth,” Colt’s attorney argues in the filing. “She has or has aided others in posting online stories, posts, articles, and statements calling Mr. Johnson a batterer, a pedophile, calling his mother an alcoholic, and telling untruths about the marriage and his treatment of her since she has been in this country.”
Colt iterated his attorney’s claim in his affidavit. “She has perpetrated knowing lies just to soak up more time in the media spotlight,” Colt says. “She knows the statements she makes are not true, and only intends to harm my reputation.”
More from Colt:
We met on the reality show 90 Day Fiance, and are now filming Happily Ever After. Our marriage certainly did not work and was a disaster. She was arrested 3 times in less than 9 months for domestic assault.
I have no desire to be with her, which is why I filed for divorce.
However, online she has called me a pedophile, a domestic batterer, has called my mother an alcoholic, and has flaunted her new boyfriends and making statements about me being inadequate or a bad husband.
None of these statements are true, and of course this is all for publicity.
I am trying to move on with my life with some semblance of dignity after being dragged through the media by Larissa. Of course most people will not believe her, or will believe everything she says. I’m not trying to sway public opinion or ask this Court to protect me from what people will think. I am asking this Court to direct Larissa to stop slandering my family and calling us vile names and insinuating that we have done anything wrong to her.
The documents mention Instagrammer John Yates by name, and there are numerous screen shots from his Instagram account (both posts and comments made by Larissa) attached to the filing as exhibits. From Colt’s attorney:
In this case, Larissa has been on a social media tour and posts new statements everyday concerning Colt and his family. Her statements are slanderous and untrue. For example, she has posted pictures claiming and insinuating that Colt battered her. That statement is categorically false. Colt defended himself from another one of her attacks, and when the police arrived, she was arrested and taken to jail not him. The officers rightly determined that she was the aggressor and that Colt was merely defending himself.
As another example, Larissa has posted social media pasts on the page of a John Yates (johnyates327) calling Colt’s mother an alcoholic. She admits in the post that there is no proof for this, but repots [sic] it anyway.
Larissa also called Colt a pedophile on posts on johnyates327 Instagram page. She asked John Yates to repost her messages and to call Colt “alleged wifebeater/pedophile.” She then had a friend Carmen send Colt a text message that she would retract the statement if he bailed her out from her latest domestic attack against him. This statement, while technically heresay, shows the games and ploys that Larissa (and her friends) will undertake to get an advantage, whether it be for bail money, or in a divorce action.
Larissa has set up a Go Fund Me page and Zelle account to solicit money from the public for her divorce case. Upon information and belief, Larissa cannot earn or obtain money in this country based on her visa/immigration status. The reason this is relevant is because if she is slandering Colt to gain money improperly, that is something that will need to be addressed with the Court through this matter.
Additionally, according [to] statements she has made online and with news outlets. Larissa is planning a “Tell All” as a follow up to “her divorce filing” to be published in the near future. As an initial point, Larissa obviously did not file for divorce — Colt did. Second, the “Tell All” may be good for ratings; but to the extent it slanders Colt or his family, it should be prohibited. While it is true that First Amended speech is protected, and that Colt can fire back with his own “Tell All” – the concern in this case is that there is a pending family court case and criminal cases against Larissa that may be affected by her statements. If she could be trusted to tell the truth, then this would not be a problem. However, until the case is done, Colt and his family should be protected by at least a Behavior Order to prevent them from being slandered.
At the time of the gag order filing, Larissa had yet to respond and it was unclear what she would be seeking in the divorce. Colt and his attorney stated repeatedly that the couple share no assets and the marriage was very short — as a result, they are seeking a “quickee” divorce with neither party receiving anything from the other.
“To the extent Larissa is seeking any support, SHE should be the one to pay Colt,” Colt’s attorney argues. “She has battered Colt three times during the 9-month marriage, and has gone to jail three times on assault charges. She has posted pictures of her face online to try to garner sympathy and paint Colt as the aggressor. However, he was never arrested or charged, and the police rightly believed that he was the victim, not Larissa. The equities lie with Colt, and this is one of the factors the Court can take into account when setting support (if any).”
Larissa seems to disagree. She eventually did file a response, and in it she asks for $1,000 a month in spousal support. She also asks for 50% of the couple’s joint bank account and household furniture.
It seems apparent that Larissa is not going to let this divorce happen quickly and without a fight, which makes sense given her precarious immigration status and potential deportation after the divorce is finalized. Of course, most any case she might claim to have will all but evaporate if she is found guilty of the domestic battery charge she is currently facing after her most recent altercation with Colt.
For those fans who just can’t seem to get enough of the Colt and Larissa drama, here is a lot more from the divorce filing, including Colt’s affidavit in its entirety:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The marriage was built on nothing and appears to have been doomed from the start, particularly since Larissa is set on gaining her 5 minutes of fame (not even 15 minutes) and on getting as much publicity as she can during the afterglow from being on the television series.
The parties have been separated for months and did not live together long as husband and wife. There are no joint assets, debts, children, or any other claims. Larissa is not a U.S. Citizen, and has no other claims to remain in the country. Upon information and belief she cannot earn money in this country, but somehow has been living a glamorous life that is being played out in the media, in People Magazine, Instagram, Facebook, and through any other media outlet interested in picking up the story. Hence, there is not much to handle with the divorce case. Legally speaking, this marriage should be annulled or an absolute decree of divorce granted forthwith.
Despite the summary nature of the divorce, Larissa appears set on dragging it out and on creating as much hype and drama in the media as she can. Attached hereto as Exhibit C are social media posts and interviews in which she is slandering Colt and his family, making untrue statements about him, the marriage, the divorce, and her intentions, and is generally causing a circus where there should be none. To repeat: this is less than a 9-month marriage. It was formed during the filming of a reality television show. There are none of the indicia of marriage that would require this Court to hold anything other than a summary hearing. However. the long-term and real reputational damage to Colt will be irreversible if this Court does not issue an injunction and gag order to prevent Larissa from playing up this case in the media.
Colt seeks a gag order or behavior order and injunction in this case to cover the following:
• No false statements to any media outlet regarding the marriage;
• No claim that Colt physically abused Larissa, as Larissa was the one arrested for domestic violence THREE times;
• No statements whatsoever about Colt’s family, friends, associates, agents, or anyone connected with him;
• No discussion about the case other than what is publicly available in the record;
• Sanctions and attorney’s fees for violation of any order;
• No slander of Colt to the media or third parties;
To the extent Larissa is seeking any support, SHE should be the one to pay Colt. She has battered Colt three times during the 9-month marriage, and has gone to jail three times on assault charges. She has posted pictures of her face online to try to garner sympathy and paint Colt as the aggressor. However, he was never arrested or charged, and the police rightly believed that he was the victim, not Larissa. The equities lie with Colt, and this is one of the factors the Court can take into account when setting support (if any).
#90DayFiance couple Colt and Larissa got into another HUGE fight resulting in bloody injuries for both and the police being called. Get a full recap, including lots of photos and videos from before and after the altercation. https://t.co/y1gbhjre9i pic.twitter.com/NaqU57Sx80
— Starcasm (@starcasm) January 11, 2019
…As spousal support is strictly within the discretion of the Court, the Court is to ascertain whether it is needed in a certain case to prevent financial disenfranchisement of one party over the other. In this case, both parties are able to take care of themselves. Indeed, even though Larissa is not eligible to work in the United States, she has found some way to pay for expensive haircuts, plastic surgery, living and partying, and other means to gain media exposure. Hence, it is clear she has found a way to support herself and live well since the filing of the divorce.
Additionally, the Parties have separate contracts/agreements for the filming of the follow-up reality screening of Happily Ever After, which is the “where are they now” corollary to 90 Day Fiance. Whatever royalties or payments they receive from their respective filming, they should maintain on their own for their own living expenses. Each party should be capable of taking care of themselves.
Accordingly, Colt seeks an Order that there should be no support to either party during pendency of this action.
AFFIDAVIT OF COLT JOHNSON IN SUPPORT OF MOTION FOR TEMPORARY ORDERS
Affiant COLT JOHNSON, does hereby affirm under penalty of perjury that the following statements are true to the best of my knowledge and belief:
1. I am the Defendant in the above-titled case. I am over the age of 18 years old, and I am competent to testify to the matters set forth herein. The facts and matters stated herein are true to the best of my knowledge, except for those facts I state upon information and belief, I believe them to be true.
— Starcasm (@starcasm) January 14, 2019
2. I have filed for divorce from Larissa due to irreconcilable differences, her harassment, battery, assault, and bad behavior.
3. There are no assets or debts for us to share, no children, and no support. However, I have caused this Motion to be filed to stop the slanderous and harassing media posts and statements Larissa has made about my family and me.
4. She has perpetrated knowing lies just to soak up more time in the media spotlight. She knows the statements she makes are not true, and only intends to harm my reputation.
5. We met on the reality show 90 Day Fiance, and are now filming Happily Ever After. Our marriage certainly did not work and was a disaster. She was arrested 3 times in less than 9 months for domestic assault.
6. I have no desire to be with her, which is why I filed for divorce.
7. However, online she has called me a pedophile, a domestic batterer, has called my mother an alcoholic, and has flaunted her new boyfriends and making statements about me being inadequate or a bad husband.
8. None of these statements are true, and of course this is all for publicity.
#90DayFiance star Colt Johnson was the King of Sin City last night as he hosted his divorce party at the @CRAZYHORSE3LV Gentlemen's Club in Las Vegas! See photos and video and get a full recap from #Colteepalooza! https://t.co/vGTNel9Mu7 pic.twitter.com/0VRWbsxsSI
— Starcasm (@starcasm) March 2, 2019
9. I am trying to move on with my life with some semblance of dignity after being dragged through the media by Larissa. Of course most people will not believe her, or will believe everything she says. I’m not trying to sway public opinion or ask this Court to protect me from what people will think. I am asking this Court to direct Larissa to stop slandering my family and calling us vile names and insinuating that we have done anything wrong to her.
10. Calling me a pedophile is defamation per se.
11. Calling my mother an alcoholic is just plain harassing.
12. Larissa needs to keep her public statements to fact, truth, or something about herself.
13. I am seeking this Temporary Order as soon as possible so Larissa can be under the Behavior Order and I can get sanctions if she violates it.
14. This divorce should not last long and there is no reason for other of us to be speaking ill of the other for such a short and utterly disastrous marriage.
I declare the foregoing under penalty of perjury.
Dated this 21 day of February, 2019.