VIDEO Shanna Moakler thinks breastfeeding is “incestual and gross”

Shanna Moakler boobs

Former Miss USA Shanna Moakler is catching a bit of heat online after a video surfaced of her offering up her thoughts on breastfeeding, which included calling it gross and “incestual.”

The 38-year-old mother of three was exiting a birthday party in Los Angeles when a TMZ cameraman asked her if she has heard that children who are breastfed are slimmer as adults. Shanna responded by saying, “I didn’t breastfeed so I saved [waves at her chest].. I’m selfish.”

“I just look at my breasts as sexual and I think it’s like incestual and gross,” she continues. “I don’t like it.”

In what seemed to be an effort to save face, Shanna quickly added, “I couldn’t do it but I totally support it. I think it’s awesome.” Then, she ran off into the parking garage, waving goodbye to the photographer.

Shanna then seemed to defend her stance moments ago on Twitter:

Shanna Moakler tweets about breastfeeding

Shanna Moakler with daughters Atiana Cecilia de la Hoya and Alabama Luella Barker A Sing-A Long Premiere of "Beauty and the Beast" Diamond Edition held at the El Capitan Theatre Hollywood, California.
^ Shanna Moakler with daughters Atiana Cecilia de la Hoya and Alabama Luella Barker in 2010

Shanna has three children of her own: eldest daughter Atiana, 14, whose father is Oscar De La Hoya, and Alabama, 7, and Landon, 9, from her marriage to Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker.

In addition to being Miss USA in 1995 (after finishing as runner-up, Shanna was given the title when Chelsi Smith won Miss Universe), Shanna starred in the USA series Pacific Blue in 1998, was named Playboy‘s Playmate of the Month in December of 2001, was co-star of the MTV reality series Meet the Barkers with her then-husband Travis Barker in 2005, and hosted E!’s Bridalplasty in 2010-11.

In a poll conducted by TMZ, 88% of readers think breastfeeding is natural. The other 12% say it’s gross.

Bottom Photo: Adriana M. Barraza /

web analytics