It was announced in November that Little Women: LA star Briana Renee was separating from her controversial husband Matt Grundhoffer after a very public, very tumultuous three-year relationship. At the time, both Briana and Matt issued statements indicating they planned to remain friends, but Briana had a change of heart and filed a restraining order less than two weeks later with some very serious allegations against her soon-to-be ex!
The dissolution of marriage filing was made on November 30, 2017. On December 8, 2017, Briana filed a request for a domestic violence restraining order against Matt in which she claims that he has gone on drinking binges, verbally abused her, and had text message conversations with another woman that “involved bestiality and the proposals of sex acts with minor children, including the proposal of involving sex acts with Matthew’s minor child, age 12 from a previous relationship.”
In the restraining order, Briana asks that Matt be barred from the couple’s residence and states she wants custody and visitation orders put in place.
Here is the majority of what Briana claimed in the restraining order request, which includes mention of Matt being in possession of guns and being suicidal, in addition to him threatening to kidnap their son and “kill everyone in the house.”
I, Briana R. Kealiher, declare that I am the Petitioner in the above-referenced matter. If called upon to testify as a witness, I would and could competently testify to the following facts:
1. I am writing this declaration in support of the attached Temporary Restraining Order. The Respondent, Matthew Grundhoffer, hereafter referred to as “Matthew,” and I were married on April 19, 2015, and we separated on October August 24, 2017. Of this marriage we share one minor child, named, Maverick J. Grundhoffer, age 1 year, 5 months, date of birth: June 22, 2016. Hereafter, referred to as “Maverick.”
2. I am requesting a Temporary Restraining Order for my protection and the protection of our son from Matthew.
3. Matthew is an alcoholic and frequently gets drunk and passes out. While drunk, Matthew threatens violence and suicide. Specifically, in April 2017, he stated that he would “kill everyone in the house”, meaning my daughter and myself, and take our son. Matthew owns two handguns that I am aware of. The guns are in Matthew’s possession. In June 2017, I told him I could no longer tolerate his drinking and threats, as I Was afraid for my safety due to his instability. From July 2017 until September 2017, Matthew attended individual counseling for his anger, sex addiction and alcohol addiction. For a while, it was better. More recently, in the last few weeks, however, he has informed me that he and his therapist have determined that he “has no ability to love” and that he will continue to “self medicate” with alcohol because he is in “physical and mental agony”. Most disturbingly, Matthew has taken a bottle of alcohol and a gun when he left the house telling me that I will never see him again. Matthew stated, “My life is a waste, and my sons would be better off without me.” It was implied that he was going to commit suicide.
4. On November 24, 2017, Matthew and I got into a verbal argument regarding him not having a job. The argument quickly escalated with Matthew threatening to take our son away from me and to flee the State of California to Washington State without my consent. Matthew proceeded to threaten my well being, stating he would cut off all the utilities to our residence, cut off my cell phone and proceeded to call me “c*nt”, “stupid piece of sh!t”, “worthless b!tch.” Matthew eventually left the residence throwing our son’s car seat on the front lawn. I eventually called the police because I was scared Matthew would return to the home.
5. Beginning on November 10, 2017, Matthew began a four day drinking binge. Each night Matthew ranted for hours that he wanted to die, that he was worthless and he had nothing to offer his sons, he had nothing to live for, and then he would apologize and then he would go back to verbally abusing me calling me horrendous names such as “c*nt”, “stupid piece of sh!t”, “worthless b!tch”, etc. Also during these rants, Matthew has threatened to take our 15 month old son, Maverick, and never let me see him again. He has threatened to move with Maverick to the State of Washington.
6. It should be noted that Matthew has had a TRO filed against him by his ex-girlfriend from before we met. It is my understanding that she did not show up to the hearing so it was eventually dismissed. Additionally, Matthew has had two DUI’s and was convicted of malicious mischief for getting into a fight at a bar.
7. RE: EXPLICIT AND LEWD CONDUCT: A few days ago, I discovered sexually explicit and disturbing communications between the Respondent and a woman. The conversations were recent and involved best!ality and the proposals of sex acts with minor children, including the proposal of involving sex acts with Matthew’s minor child, age 12 from a previous relationship.
8. I have been our son’s primary parent since his birth. Maverick was born with achondroplasia, a type of dwarfism, like myself. Maverick’s condition requires him to be seen by specialists more frequently than most 17 month old children. Maverick sees his primary physician, ENT, physical therapist, neurosurgeon, orthopaedic doctors every three months. In addition to seeing his doctors every three months, Maverick will begin seeing a speech therapist and feeding team starting December. Additionally, Maverick has a life threatening peanut allergy. I am fearful if Maverick is left alone with his Father he will fail to monitor Maverick’s food intake causing him to suffer a life threatening allergic reaction. I have been and continue to be the responsible parent to care for Maverick and to advocate for his health care needs. In addition to caring for Maverick’s health needs, I am the parent to financially support Maverick.
9. As stated above, Matthew and I have been married less than three (3) years. He has been… [Here is where it cuts off]
According to online court records, Briana is scheduled for a court hearing on the morning of January 19.
Restraining order source: Radar