Bravo’s perpetual motion Housewives machine keeps rolling! Just as the cat fighting drama queens of New York City wrap up their season, and the dysfunctional Giudice clan continue to duke it out in New Jersey, the classy ladies of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills prepare for their follow-up to perhaps the most successful debut season of all the Housewives franchises!
We won’t get to see Adrienne Maloof, Lisa Vanderpump, Giggy, Kyle and Kim Richards, Camille Grammer, Taylor Armstrong, and newbies Brandi Glanville and Dana Wilkey until the Season 2 premiere on September 5, but thanks to the good folks at Bravo we do get a sneak peek at some of what we will be seeing – and it looks amazing!
Judging from the clip some of the things we can look forward to (in the order they appear in the trailer) include:
• A Giggy competitor? (P’shaw!)
• More of Adrienne Maloof’s inept cooking skills, including her washing an uncooked chicken with hand soap (Is it possible I will love her more after this season?!?)
• Taylor Armstrong’s break up from husband Russell (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
• An engagement! (Is that Lisa’s daughter?)
• Adrienne Maloof losing self confidence? (Noooo!)
• Lisa Vanderpump “stirs the pot” drama-wise (Hooey!)
• The return of Cedric (Gotta have someone to dislike more than Camille, and I don’t think Allison Dubois is coming back!)
• Some woman did something to Taylor that makes her very angry (Is her plastic surgeon a woman?)
But perhaps the most exciting thing from the clip is the Richards sisters reunion as they team up to annihilate Brandi Glanville!
Kim: You are a Go**amn b!tch
Brandi: [voice over] I’ve had my fair share of interaction with people that are on drugs
Kyle: Brandi let me tell you, you do not want to go there.
Brandi: I will f***ing kill you!
Kim: Don’t you f***ing threaten me!
Kim: You’re a s**t pig!
We can now add “slut pig” to a long list of derogatory Housewives two-fer terms for a female adversary that includes “trash box” and “prostitution wh0re!”
Oh, and speaking of the Richards’ sisters reconciliation, Kyle discusses that and more in this clip of cast interviews talking about what we can expect this season:
It seems the theme this year is… change! Lisa will apparently experience a bit of turbulence in her flawlessness (I’ll believe that when I see it!), we will get to get a “deeper understanding of [Taylor’s] position and some of the personality traits that she has in her marriage” (what?), Kim Richards is now “powerful and strong” and “tiny but mighty,” and we will finally get to see the “real” Camille Grammer (Oh boy, that sounds like reality show star talk for desperate insincerity on the way!).
When I am overcome by eagerness I often channel Charlie Sheen, and in that spirit let me say… “BRING IT!”