Nooooooooooooo!!!! It is being reported that Bravolebrity stalwart Tamra Judge has been fired from The Real Housewives of Orange County after seven seasons in the wake of a series of Facebook posts, in one of which Tamra railed against Bravo producers, and in another she posted cast mate Lizzie Rovsek’s cell phone number.
It’s important to note that the report comes from Radar Online, who toss out Real Housewives casting rumors like they’re Mardi Gras beads, but still… According to their source, “The network has had it with Tamra’s over the top ego and diva behavior. She sealed her fate by publicly stating that Bravo edited scenes to make her look bad.”
The source is referring to a Facebook post by Tamra earlier this week (included in its entirety below) in which she explained that she bailed on Lizzie Rovsek’s birthday party at the last minute because her daughter was sick, and that she explained this to Bravo producers. “Production knew my daughter was sick and I could not make it to Lizzie’s birthday party,” Tamra wrote. “They asked me to wait until the cameras were up in the limo to let Lizzie know. Then they had her call me and say ‘How rude that you didn’t call me.'”
Radar’s source says, “This is a very big no-no, and Tamra’s contract won’t be picked up for another season.”
In addition to the lengthy post about manipulative editing by Bravo producers, which included some rather nasty comments about cast mate Vicki Gunvalson as well, Tamra later posted a screen cap of a text message conversation with Lizzie that she said was from the day after Lizzie’s birthday. The only problem was that the screen cap included Lizzie’s cell phone number! Tamra took down the original image and replaced it with another sans cell #, but the damage was already done.
Lizzie Rovsek then took to Facebook to address the timing of the text messages posted by Tamra, as well as the fact that they included her cell number initially:
FYI the text message posted from Tamra was from the day after the Valentine’s party not my birthday party. Tamra told me the night of the Valentine party that she didn’t call me on purpose on my birthday to cause drama. She said she had been on the show for 7 years and she knows how it works. She did it on purpose to hurt me. I was reaching out to try and make amends with her. Silly me!!
I don’t have to tell any of you what I think of this woman.
She then added a comment:
Yes! I know she posted my number. Bravo has been notified. My husband and my father aren’t happy. But thanks for all the sweet messages and supportive texts Looking for the silver lining….
After some kind words of support, Lizzie wrote a post that seems to suggest Tamra may not be the only one not returning for Season 10!
Thank you. I don’t think this show is for me. I’m sad I put myself and my family in this position. I am actually quite boring and not very relevant. I spend all my time at home with my kids and on my little company. I do stand up for what I think is right and that’s what happens in the remainder of the season. It might not get me popularity votes but I am real and I was genuinely hurt over and over on this show. Please forgive me for finally letting it affect me. I just want this show to be over. Thank you for your kind words. That means a lot to me.
But could it be that an outpouring of support from Team Lizzie will keep her around? She posted this thank you to her supporters after all the fall out:
Thank you for all the love and support 2day! And all the sweet text messages and calls ♥. Sadly I had to get a new #. I’ve had that one since I was 21. I loved it. Just the icing on the cake. #looking4thesilverlining
Tamra’s Facebook has been deleted, with some speculating that Facebook may have shut it down due to the posting of Lizzie’s phone number, but Tamra assures us it was her decision. “I just disabled it while I’m on vacation,” she tweeted today. “To many nasty comments. I’ll activate when I return.”
And Tamra seemed to add fuel to the firing rumor fire with this Twitter exchange:
@gumballgary I don't. I refuse to be made out to be this person they are making me. No amount of $ is worth it
— Tamra Judge (@TamraBarney) July 29, 2014
Tamra also responded to anger over her posting Lizzie’s phone number, explaining that it was an accident and it was immediately deleted and replaced:
— Tamra Judge (@TamraBarney) July 30, 2014
One thing’s for certain, Tamra knows how to be dramatic! Which I think is part of why she has had such a long run as a Real Housewife. But did she go too far by breaking down the fourth wall and treating the Bravo production team as the sixth Housewife? I suppose only time will tell. (I have to admit I have pretty much always been #TeamTamra because her knack for starting drama fires and fanning the flames has made the show so entertaining over the years, so I hope we will see her back again for the historic tenth season next year.)
For those curious, here is Tamra’s original Facebook post that started it all:
I submitted my BRAVO blog, but here a few facts that I am sure Bravo will take out of my blog when they post it:
1. production knew my daughter was sick and I could not make it to Lizzie’s birthday party. They asked me to wait until the cameras were up in the limo to let Lizzie know. then they had her call me and say “how rude that you didn’t call me”.
2. As soon as Vicki and Shannon found out I was not going they both called me (yes me and shannon were friendly even though they make it out that we are not at this point-Just a few days prior we were rock climbing together). Shannon told me she was sick too and was told by producers that she had to go. I told her that was not right and she needed to be strong with them.
3. Vicki was pissed that she had to go alone! She told me she did NOT want to hang out with Dumb and Dumber (referring to Lizzy and Danielle) She asked me how she could get out of going. I jokingly said “tell production you have a yeast infection, its not like anyone is going to check”. Vicki had No REAL reason not to go and ended up going ……2 hours late.
4. I never told Vicki I did not want to go to the party. But I did tell her that we don’t usually go out when we have the kids and I did not feel right going to LA in party bus even if my daughter wasn’t sick.
5. I have NO words for Vicki! She was so nice to my face and talked so much crap behind my back, then cries “Tamra ruined Brooks reputation” No Brooks ruined his own reputation when he was recorded by your son n law calling you names and saying you needed to be beat.
6. Briana knew about Brooks and disliked him years before I ever met him. NO I DID NOT PERSUADE YOUR DAUGHTER TO NOT LIKE BROOKS.