Marlo Hampton’s face slash victim reportedly committed suicide 6 years after altercation: Marlo responds with official statement


Charles Grant’s girlfriend Marlo Hampton is making an appearance on the Real Housewives of Atlanta this year, but she didn’t get cast in a top spot.

Hampton, who’s been arrested seven times, made quick friends with NeNe Leakes, who was romantically linked to Charles (and who says that they “had a drink together” a long time ago.) Here’s Marlo discussing her “run-ins” with the law with NeNe:

Our pal Michelle Brown at Straight From the A has been serving up the dish on Marlo for a while, and she’s revealed a new development. Marlo’s first arrest was in 1999 for felony Aggravated Battery / Great bodily harm with a weapon. According to Straight From the A, she slashed a woman’s face during a fight with a man. The woman was left disfigured, and reportedly bled so heavily that she almost died.

Six years after the incident the victim, a 33-year-old mother, reportedly jumped to her death off of a Florida bridge.

CLICK HERE to read the email the victim’s family sent to Straight from the A.

UPDATE: Marlo Hampton issued a statement about the situation, revealing more details. You can read the full statement below, but here are some key points:

– She and the woman she cut were once friends, and Marlo says there was an incident before the cutting incident where she was ambushed and beat-up

– Marlo claims that they both brought knives to the club that night, but “her knife dropped, mine did not.”

– Marlo says the woman she cut appeared in court to help get Marlo’s sentence reduced

– Marlo is deeply saddened by the woman’s death

Full statement made to Straight From the A:

“I am shocked and saddened to hear of the recent distortions of events and false accusations disseminated over an altercation I was involved in over a dozen years ago.  It had been my preference, out of respect for the person involved, as well as her family, to not speak about this incident publicly, but the recklessness with which the story is being manipulated has forced me to come forward.

I was in my early twenties, and what took place started out as an argument with someone who was once my friend, over the phone.  In the first incident, I was ambushed at my house and badly beaten.  Though charges were initially filed, those charges were later dropped and I filed a restraining order.

As disturbing as the carrying of a weapon may seem, it was quite common in the environment in which I was raised, and not only I, but also the person involved in the altercation, had each brought weapons to protect ourselves.  There was a confrontation, her knife dropped, mine did not.

I was arrested and convicted of aggravated battery for which I served 6 months in jail.  What is so disturbing about the false reports now circulating is that it was she, my friend, who appeared in court on my behalf and fought to reduce my sentence.

Like many people, I was deeply saddened by her untimely death – 6 years later – and shocked at the recent attempts to connect me to it.  Ultimately, it does a disservice to her and her family, to guess and draw conclusions as to her state of mind when she committed suicide.  Those reasons are obviously personal and painful and do not deserve to be speculated on for the purposes of entertainment or drawing readers to your site.  She and her family remain in my prayers.

My attorneys will be sending a cease and desist letter with a request for retraction shortly.

Truly sad circumstances all around. Our hearts go out to this woman’s family, especially her son.



free web stats


Latest Comments

  1. Callie January 8, 2012
  2. catdoc January 10, 2012
  3. navflyer January 29, 2012
  4. 2DALEFT January 30, 2012
    • MYVOICE1 April 21, 2012
  5. Conishkee February 27, 2012
  6. kendra March 23, 2012
  7. kendra March 23, 2012
  8. Ashlee April 17, 2012
    • Glorious Johnson October 17, 2014
  9. MYVOICE1 April 21, 2012
  10. Ms. Queen February 25, 2014