PHOTO Jennifer Lawrence as X-Men’s Mystique

First look at Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique in X-Men

Oscar-winner Jennifer Lawrence is one of the stars of the upcoming X-Men installment X-Men: Days of Future Past which began filming in Montreal last month. As she did in 2011, Jennifer will be taking on the role of shapeshifter Mystique and yesterday, fans got a sneak peek at her racy blue paint costume.

“First look: #JenniferLawrence as a vengeful #Mystique. #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast,” director Bryan Singer tweeted to fans on Monday.

Before the release of 2011’s First Class, Jennifer told press that the process of getting into her Mystique attire, which consists of blue paint and scales and not much else, took a whopping 6 hours with 6 different make-up artists and smelled horrible — she even jokingly referred to her character as “Mystink.”

In X-Men: First Class, Jennifer only played Mystique in about 10% of the film. The other 90% was spent as Raven Darkholme. So, the 6 hours of prep seems like a lot of hassle for such a small percent. Hopefully, they’ve found a more affective way of applying the costume this time around — at least for Jennifer (and her nose’s) sake.

The role of Mystique was originally played by model/actress Rebecca Romijn until Jennifer took over the role in 2011.

Also starring in the film, which is set to be released on July 18, 2014, are James McAvoy, Ellen Page, Halle Berry, and Hugh Jackman.

web analytics