Real World star Joey Kovar Found Dead

Joey Kovar of Celebrity Rehab and The Real World: Hollywood

Joey Kovar has died. The 29-year-old reality show star had been battling his addiction for several years as fans saw during his appearance on The Real World: Hollywood. Joey also appeared on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew to get help with his addiction to cocaine and ecstasy. While the cause of death has yet to be released, Joey’s family suspects that his addiction played a part in his passing.

Kovar’s rep tells TMZ, “Joey was discovered by a female friend early this morning who noticed blood coming out of Joey’s ears and nose. The woman called 911 and authorities rushed to the scene where he was pronounced dead.”

Joey Kover in 'The Real World: Hollywood'

Joey had revealed his struggles with drugs to his roommates during a heartbreaking episode of Real World: Hollywood. As you see in the clip below, Joey’s struggle had began long before heading to Hollywood and it was a very emotional and raw moment when he explained it all to his roommates. Following their discussion, Joey made an early leave from the show and headed off to rehab.

Joey had entered Celebrity Rebab in 2010 to tackle his recurring addiction before the birth of his and his girlfriend Nikki’s child. His cast bio detailed more of Joey’s struggle:

Joey Kovar worked as a personal trainer and aspiring actor in Chicago when he was cast on The Real World: Hollywood in 2008. His “big break” fell apart though when he became uncontrollably drunk and high on drugs during the show. His behavior became so outrageous that he was asked to leave the program. It was this very public fall that brought Joey’s long struggle with addiction to light. It soon became known that Joey had been abusing massive amounts of alcohol, cocaine, ecstasy, meth and, as part of his bodybuilding, steroids since he was a teenager and had come very close to death through an overdose.

Joey’s Celebrity Rehab co-star Mackenzie Phillips tweeted a few moments ago, “RIP Joey Kovar my heart breaks. My love and prayers go out to your family.”

According to TMZ’s report, Joey’s family suspects he overdosed.

UPDATE: TMZ is now reporting that Joey had taken a fatal combo of Viagra and cocaine and alcohol. Stacey Achterhof told officials that Joey had showed up to her home announcing that he was on cocaine just before midnight on Thursday and requesting that she give him a ride so he could get more cocaine. She declined and suggested he stay the night with her, as he did. Unfortunately when she woke, he had already passed.

web analytics