Later tonight ABC premieres the brand new competition reality series The Glass House in which 14 contestants compete for your vote in hopes of staying in the house long enough to claim the $250,000 prize for the last man or woman remaining. Though the show is loosely modeled after the popular CBS reality series Big Brother (so much so CBS filed an injunction in hopes of preventing ABC from airing The Glass House, to no avail), the concept and interactive features are completely different and have a number of potential viewers confused as to how it all works.
So, we’ve put together this post in hopes of providing answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the show, including “How do I vote on The Glass House?” “Where can I watch The Glass House live stream?” and “Who are the cast members for Season 1 of The Glass House?”
THE GLASS HOUSE FAQ
How does The Glass House work?
When the show begins, fourteen people are living in a house together, participating in challenges – with America making the decisions about what happens in the house. Each week there will be somebody eliminated from the house. The winner is the last person left in the house – as voted on by you, the public!
What are the decisions that the public makes to affect what happens in The Glass House?
The public will have the opportunity to vote on a variety of things relating to the house. Not only will they ultimately decide who stays or goes, but they will also influence other show elements like including what the houseguests wear, where they sleep, what they eat, and who gets another shot at the game.
Who are the 14 contestants on The Glass House?
Click these links for detailed information on the seven women competing on The Glass House and the seven men competing on The Glass House, including photos, videos, bios, last names, Facebook pages, Twitter IDs, and links.
How does a player on The Glass House get removed from the house?
After losing a challenge, the team captain of the losing team goes to “limbo” – along with another member from the losing team that the house votes on.
What is “limbo?”
Limbo is where two people from the house go after losing a challenge. It’s an area outside of the house where the two people go until one of them is allowed to return to the house.
How are the captains for The Glass House challenges determined?
The two people with the fewest votes from the public become team captains for that week’s challenge.
How does somebody return to The Glass House from limbo?
America chooses who they think deserves to return to the house. All the power is in the public’s hands.
What happens to the person who the public doesn’t choose to return to The Glass House?
That person is out of the game permanently.
How many episodes will air for The Glass House?
10 episodes will air in the premiere season.
How can I affect what happens in The Glass House?
You can influence a variety of events in the house by voting in the Live Stream Voting, the Daily Voting and by choosing your favorites in the house.
What is The Glass House Live Stream Voting?
The Live Stream Voting lets you have real-time influence of events seen during the live stream.
What is The Glass House Daily Voting?
The Daily Voting includes a number of voting opportunities each day through which you can influence events in the house – including major decisions such as who should be given a chance to return to the house from Limbo. This voting impacts on-air episodes.
How does The Glass House voting for favorites work?
You can vote on as few or as many people that you’d like to stay in the house. At the end of the current voting period, the two people with the fewest number of votes become team captains for that week’s challenge.
When does The Glass House live streaming occur?
Four hours on Monday evening from 11pm – 3am ET – and also Tuesday thru Thursday from 3pm – 4pm ET.
What’s the difference between ‘view & vote’ and ‘video’ on The Glass House website navigation?
The ‘view & vote’ link goes to the page where you can access the live streams and voting opportunities. The ‘video’ link goes to the Video page – where you’ll be able to find a selection of video content, including moments from the episodes, and even full episodes themselves .
What browsers can I use to watch The Glass House live stream and vote?
ABC.com currently supports:
- Internet Explorer 8 and 9
- Firefox versions 10 and higher
- Safari versions 5 and higher
- Chrome versions 16
I’m having issues with The Glass House website. Who can I contact?
If you are having any issues with the Glass House website, please try the following solutions first. If these don’t work for you, please go to http://abc.go.com/site/contact-us and tell us your browser information, steps to reproduce the issue, your username, and what you’re unable to do on the site.
Site is not loading correctly:
- Please check your browser version, we support IE8+, Firefox 10+, Safari, and Chrome
- Please disable any Ad Blockers, as some can disrupt the loading process and break the page.
- On desktop please ensure your Adobe Flash Player version is up to date. Minimum is 10.2. You can go here: http://www.whatismyflash.com/
Video seems poor quality:
- Our recommendation is that you have at least 2 Mbps download speed available for watching video. Close any other video tabs, as they could be using up your bandwidth. You can test your speed here: http://speedtest.net/.
- Refresh the Page
- Logout and Login again
- If you have just verified your account via the email provided by ABC, please note it may take up to 15 minutes before you can access the voting features on the site. If you refresh the page, you may see the verification email sent again. Once you’ve verified the email, you do not need to verify another email in the event it is sent. Just check back in 5-10 minutes and you should be able to login and vote on your favorite characters!
Message about unsupported browser even if using Internet Explorer 8:
- Open IE8 and press the F12 function key on your keyboard. (Alternatively, under the “Tools” menu, select “Developer Tools”.)
- When the Developer Tools window opens, click on the “Browser Mode:” button and make sure that “Internet Explorer 8″ is selected. Click on the “Document Mode:” button and make sure that “Internet Explorer 8 (Page Defaults)” is selected.
How can I audition to be on The Glass House?
You can get casting info for Glass House at http://abc.go.com/site/casting.
THE GLASS HOUSE LINKS: