Gossip website Media Takeout has basically become The Weekly World News of celebrity blogs, seeming to persevere on the “even a broken clock is right two times a day” principle. That being said, the site claims to have gotten their hands on a “leaked document” with the “official salaries” of the entire cast of The Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Here’s the complete breakdown:
1. NeNe Leakes – $750K per season, plus a $250K bonus for doing the reunion show
2. Kim Zolciak – $600K per season plus a $150K bonus for doing the reunion show
3. Sheree Whitfield – $550K per season plus a $150K bonus for doing the reunion show
4. Kandi Burruss – $450K per season plus a $100K bonus for doing the reunion show
5. Phaedra Parks and Cynthia Bailey – $300K per season plus a $75K bonus for doing the reunion show
6. Marlo Hampton – $75K – she must be available for filming on request.
6. Peter Thomas (Cynthia’s husband) – $75K – he must be available for filming on request.
8. Kroy Biermann and Apollo Nida – $50K – must be available for filming on request.
So NeNeLeakes is pulling down a cool million every year just for doing RHOA? And I’m supposed to believe Bravo is paying Peter Thomas $75,000 a year for about 3 minutes of dialog? Compare this to recent Radar Online reports that the cast of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills make between $127,000 and $165,000 per season (reunion show included) and I think we can officially call this Media Takeout a Media Fakeout.
In other Media Takeout Real Housewives of Atlanta anonymous sourcegery news, the site is reporting that Bravo is replacing Sheree Whitfield with Ne-Yo’s two-time baby mama Monyetta Shaw. MTO says Bravo courted a number of ATL ladies, including reality veteran (and Lil Wayne’s ex-wife) Toya Carter, but opted for Monyetta because she is “fun, outgoing,” and has an extensive sexual history. NeYo has reportedly forbid Monyetta from joining the cast.
Using the “broken clock” metaphor, there’s about a 17% chance one of these stories is true. (I would break that down further with 1% chance of the salaries being true and 16% on Monyetta.)